Graduate Student And Postdoctoral Researcher Positions
Looking For PhD Or MS Programs?
ParCoreLab (Parallel and Multicore Computing Lab) at Koç University in Istanbul, Turkey is looking for multiple MS and PhD students for European Union, Turkish Government and industry funded projects. Monthly stipend and housing are provided. We are looking for students mainly in the following areas:
- HPC for Machine Learning:With the increase in the amount of data, we need to have scalable machine learning algorithms on multicores and multiple GPU architectures. In this project, we are developing novel optimization techniques for machine learning on emerging processor and memory technologies.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Simulations: The project deals with development of a parallel and efficient solver for turbulent reacting flows. The project requires strong background in programming, data structures and some background in fluid mechanics. You will be working with other senior PhD students in my and a group from mechanical engineering.
- Data Locality Management:In this project, we are developing data structures, libraries, optimization techniques and runtime systems to efficiently use the emerging multicore and GPU architectures with a special focus on data locality. Our motivating applications come from real-world problems from scientific and industrial workloads including combustion, energy, and machine learning. The project requires strong background in programming, computer architecture, data structures and analytical modeling.
- Reservoir Simulation:In this project, we are collaborating with an industry partner and offer parallelization and optimization techniques for their reservoir simulation. The project requires some knowledge in sparse linear algebra, numerical methods and strong background in programming.
Postdoctoral Researcher Position
The Parallel and Multicore Computing Group at Koç Univesity (KU) has an opening for a postdoctoral research fellow for a joint project with an international company. KU is one of the leading research universities in Turkey and provides a competitive research environment with its international research community. The working language at KU is English.
Topics of interest include parallel computing, programming models, runtime and library development, sparse linear algebra, performance modeling and unstructured meshes.
Applicants are expected to have finished, or to be about to finish their Ph.D. degrees. They should have strong background in computer science, computational sciences or a closely related field. A track record of relevant publications at prestigious conferences/journals and high quality software development is essential.
The applicants should include a detailed CV with a list of publications, their PhD thesis, and contact details for 3 references in their application.
The salary package includes monthly salary, health insurance, and rent support. The researcher will also have a travel grant.
For inquiries and application, contact: Asst. Prof. Didem Unat
Why Koç University?
- According to the Times Higher Education, we rank 1st in Turkey and 36th in the world among the universities under 50 years old.
- The number of research articles per faculty at Koç University is one of the top in the country.
- The working language at KU is English.